Monday, March 05, 2012

Have some more on this newest cut.



Its the news animatic now with dialog and temp tracks of music. It has two basic Jazz types the more French "gypsy jazz guitar" and the more American "jazz drums".

Adding the dialog put a 50 sec back in to the film. So I went through one more time to cut real deep and its back to around 4 min. There is a long take that if I end up having time I will do.

And I am hoping the music will start to come together now that there is more to work with.

There are one or two or 3 parts spots in the animatic that don't read well they are jump cuts or how did he or she get over there moment that I just didn't fill in. I was more trying to get a feel for the timing and see where I could be cut down.

I could us as many pointers as you got.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt,

    The music at the beginning is charming- although I worry it may drown out the animation a bit. I think you can avoid it by keeping the levels lower and adding foley. Of course, if you are set on a musical montage it is fine, but it may not drive the narrative forward in the way you hope.

    The one cut that bothered me a bit was at 1:14 when she cuts from the center of the frame to behind the bushes. You could have her leave the frame first.

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete